Translation from English

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Antiques Dealer Sets Up Display...

Heavily into"presentation"--this antiques dealer on East 11th Street in the Village has decided upon  a big white paper backdrop for a group of items..

I passed by about an hour later (when it had begun to rain just a little) and he was hurriedly taking all the pieces back into his shop and "striking the set."

The weather has been like this a lot recently...they keep telling us to carry an umbrella because of the possibility of " pop-up showers." 

On days like this I just carry around a collapsible umbrella in my carry-all bag..which is where I usually have my camera. I don't like to wander around carrying my camera, but sometimes it is the only way you will get some pictures, because in the time it takes to get it out and get the shot in sight,
the event I wanted to capture has past. 

I think I caught this man at just the right moment...it was fast and I did not have to wait around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered