Translation from English

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Two Musicians on the Subway...the Ridiculous and the Sublime


 Yes, this above is what it looks like-- a One Man Band, noisy as hell, in the NY subway. Well, the City has to accommodate a lot of people and one thing you can do about this kind of scene is just keep moving until the noise is drowned out by the other subway din...



This man, however, was something totally different...making beautiful pipe music which sure sounded South American to me...

It was what I first encountered when I got to Grand Central on the subway today...I wish I could have stayed and listened..

I regret not having put more money in his box. People like this need our encouragement...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered