Translation from English

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Urdu Poem Translated by A Z Foreman


 

Poems Found In Translation: “Ghalib: Ghazal 127 "Nobody" (From Urdu)”

Link to Poems Found in Translation

Posted: 26 Jul 2016 11:45 AM PDT
Ghazal 127: "Nobody"
By Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib
Translated by A.Z. Foreman

Now let me leave and live somewhere out there where there is nobody    
 Where there is none who speaks my tongue, where there are none to speak with me
There let me build one house for me with not one wall or door to see   
 And live with no one for a neighbor, no one to watch over me   
If I fall ill, there should be none to tend or keep me company.    
 And when I die let there be none to weep or grieve the end of me. 

The Original:
Click to show Romanization
رہیے اب ایسی جگہ چل کر جہاں کوئی نہ ہو
ہم سخن کوئی نہ ہو اور ہم زباں کوئی نہ ہو
بے درودیوار سا اک گھر بنایا چاہئیے
کوئی ہمسایہ نہ ہو اور پاسباں کوئی نہ ہو
پڑیے گر بیمارتو کوئی نہ ہو بیماردار
اور اگر مر جائیے تو نوحہ خواں کوئی نہ ہو

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered