Translation from English

Sunday, December 27, 2015

MY NEW VIDEO: Scenes from the World Trade Center Memorial/Museum

I really wasn't looking forward to this visit all that much, I have to admit..



When I was there last summer ( I did not go to the Museum) the Summer Holiday atmosphere around the pools was a big turn off to me. Oh, I saw people taking silly selfies this time too, but the mood was more restrained and more respectful...Maybe because the whole Country is on edge about Terrorism again.



The Museum is a hell of a lot better than the reviews I read, but there seems to be too big an emphasis on money here... parts of it disturbed me very much as I knew they would...all the faces..all those forlorn little posters people put up after the disaster seeking lost love ones, Hope against Hope





There is a side room with a sad little slide show on the victims that brought tears to my eyes..


And, of course, all sorts of displays and diagrams and presentations I did not have time for, and things I did not want to see



I feel the Museum far exceeded my expectations, I was deeply moved...and the really bad reviews I read of it initially I do not feel are fair at all..

It is impossible to capture all that is there, so that is why I just called this " Scenes" from the site..

Here is where there is something strange, I have made TWO versions of this video-- At first I thought this one was TOO SAD

https://youtu.be/7ohaY422w48

So I did the second version below which has some other material I wanted to get in the first video but couldn't, and is maybe a little less sad but still serious... you can be the judge of that

BE SURE TO WATCH THIS FULL SCREEN OR THEATER MODE..

https://youtu.be/W_SFbIMk0yM








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered