Translation from English

Monday, December 16, 2013

BCBG Max Azria- Flatiron

This store has several locations and the Flatiron one gets the best reviews

I did notice some sour apples in these reviews though

Edit
  • 168 5th Ave
    New York, NY 10010
    b/t 21st St & 22nd St in Flatiron
  • Transit information 4 6 6X F M N R Get Directions
  • Phone number (212) 989-7307
  • Business website bcbg.com
Yelp Ad
2.7 Miles away from BCBG Max Azria
EHVonnae (pronounced eh-vo-nay) is a NYC-based clothing & accessories boutique inspired by a fashion forward, casual-chic style. We're located… read more
  • 7/13/2013
    service? YES. dresses? amazing. it is NEVER busy like zara, and its beautiful.  I love buying my dresses from BCBG and am never disappointed. :-)
  • 3/23/2012
    2 check-ins here
    Listed in F-love
    I love the aesthetic of this shop and the designer Max Azria.

    The salesclerks come around and take all your things and set up a dressing room for you; they send you handwritten notes to your home to tell you about sales and new merchandise.

    They offer personal shopping services, if that's your thing.

    This store itself is my favorite because I like the layout of the store, one long corridor, with an upstairs with eveningwear and the Runway and Max Azria selections. It suits my orderly, tick-box-checking-off way of thinking. Linear maybe.
    • 246 friends
    • 381 reviews
    2/28/2010
    Let me start off by saying I LOVE BCBG. The clothes are gorgeous, they last, they FIT well, I adore thee.
    This store is just another reason for me to love BCBG even more. It's clean and aesthetically pleasing, they have a large variety of stuff just like the website, and the people who work there are just great.
    The store was kinda overstaffed in my opinion..... there were probably an equal amount of staff and customers. Maybe they like it like that. The important thing is, every associate I encountered was very nice. Most were complimenting me on my necklace (Forever 21 thank you very much!)
    After drooling over everything downstairs I went upstairs to the sale section and found the black pencil skirt of my dreams (and proceeded to drool all over the formal dresses....) Then I paid for my skirt and got the hell out of there before damage was done.
  • 1/24/2010
    Ahh... what did I do before discovering BCBG clothes?

    Saving a BUTTLOAD of money... though without awesome pretty clothes.

    I love their clothes here - they have very nice clothes constructed of pretty high quality ( though it better be for the prices!) However, you can always check the sale rack -  a lot of stuff goes for 50-70% off so you end up getting a really good deal on some.

    Their dresses? Holy crap... AMAZING. They fit beautifully... next time I have a big formal dinner to go to - I will be coming here first.
  • 1/24/2010
    A very pleasant shopping experience. The staff here is all exceptional, they go out of their way to help you find sizes, colors, anything you might be looking for. They have plenty of staff too, even during Sales, you are always treated like the only one in the store.

    They also have a great selection, better than most BCBG locations.

    The clothes are great, fun prints, great colors, always something new in store, and when they have sales, the prices hit rock bottom.

    My personal favorites? Dresses (both work and casual) wrap sweaters, clutches and shoes (really comfortable!)

    Definitely worth a visit.
  • 11/2/2008
    First to Review
    I was en route to a wedding in Long Island the other day, and we only had half an hour to pick up our Zip Car at 21st street and then high-tail it to Holtsville. Not a big deal, except I needed shoes and a clutch, and I needed them fast! I had successfully obtained my shoes at Shoegasm on 23rd (Chinese Laundry pumps, a completely hollow purchase but they got the job done and the checkout girl was friendly). Shoegasm, however, does not sell clutches. So we made our way down 5th Avenue, since it was en route to the garage anyway.

    I spotted BCBG Max Azria and was delighted. I had been dying for an excuse to lavish myself with something pretty from this store, but my post-college finances wouldn't permit it until now. Anyway, enough back story, here's my review:

    Customer service was great. I believe you should always be greeted when you arrive in a store and BCBG met this requirement. Then I started looking for a clutch that would match my dress.

    My boyfriend and I didn't have a garment bag, so we had to hang my dress and his suit on hangers and then slide a laundry bag over it. One of the salesclerks came over and offered to help me. She was so cheerful and so helpful! She was actually kind of adorable. I tried showing her my dress, but it had fallen to the bottom of the laundry bag and it was proving to be a pain in the ass to get it out. When I finally produced the dress, the girl showed me a sweet little bag that suited my needs perfectly. She rang me up, gave me a little button that said "Vote in Stilettos" (kind of goofy but I loved it), and even snuck me a BCBG garment bag (she went over to my boyfriend after I had paid and said "I found a bag for you guys...you can just slip your stuff into it later!"). ADORABLE!

    I wish I had a chance to browse more, but I loved what I did see and with customer service like that I will definitely be returning!
  • 6/21/2013
    I love BCBG and this store is fantastic.  This review is for one employee only. I didnt even bother getting her name. Shes a tall skinny black girl usually with a pissed off face. She was so pushy in the beginning trying to get me to try on things since I walked in the store. Then after trying to look around knowing she was watching me like a hawk and following me around i saw some shoes i liked. When I asked her for a size she gave me some attitude. Then when she brought the shoe and i tried them on and asked for a smaller size she started telling me not to bother cause they werent going to fit even though i clearly had like an inch of extra room on the shoe. I told her i still wanted to try on the smaller size. When she came back she threw the box on the couch and left. When i tried on the shoe it was a perfect fit but i was so mad i wasnt going to give her the satisfaction of the sale. So i ordered them online. The sad thing is that this isnt the first confrontation ive had with this ill mannered employee. Avoid her at all cost.
  • 5/17/2011
    Although this is a smaller BCBG, it is my favorite.

    I walked in and saw a cute pair of leggings, a clerk went and got my size and put them in a dressing room. As I was browsing around she told me she would pick out a few more styles for me to try on. When I got back to my dressing room I found at least 20 pairs of leggings...... a bit overboard but I ended up buying one of her selections. Very helpful and nice staff - will be back again!
  • 12/4/2010
    .
  • 5/20/2012
    Have I been going to a DIFFERENT BCBG?  The clothes range from beautiful to chintzy (more like Bebe rather than BCBG), but the service is always pretentious and bad.  Your job is to be friendly and sell clothing, that's it.  Try not to suck so badly at it.
  • 1/1/2011
    BCBG, you saved me and my tired feet! My husband and I were shopping for a great new dress for me to wear to upcoming weddings this year. We were having no luck and I was starting to get a little discouraged because I didn't want this excursion to be for naught. BCBG to the rescue! There was a huge variety of merchandise on sale. The associates were friendly and helpful without exception but I have to sing the praises of Katherine. She made me feel like she was there for me only. Let's face it, everyone enjoys having a sales person fawn all over them and tell them the clothes they picked look fantastic! And, that is what Katherine did for me. I ended up with a beautiful dress in royal blue, a top for New Year's Eve and a sweater. Oh, and the matching clutch that Katherine sold me on. This lady is good! Great clothes, great customer service - you can't go wrong!
  • 9/29/2011
    I love, love BCBG and Herve Leger as well.  Leger dresses fit like a glove and make your body look amazing.  My very nice man even has treated me to one.  I also love BCBG clothes, they are not super expensive, fit well, have a good mix of work, going out, and casual clothes. My most favorite leather short shorts are from there and always get my compliments that I ran out and bought the suede version a month later.  The sweetest sales girl ever used to work there and put aside all xxs, xs and 0 items for me ahead of time and would call every store for me if I loved something and they didn't have my size.  Sadly she left to get a corporate job and their customer service hasn't been as amazing since :(
  • 5/13/2012
    I have been wearing these cocktail dresses and evening gowns for years!  I am short and love how they cater to shorter people with length of cocktail dresses.  I always have to take everything up or have things altered and I never have to here.  I can be in and out in 15 minutes with the perfect dress!  The sales associates are always super nice and helpful and give honest feedback which I appreciate!  The shape of their clothing just works for me.  I am busty and have a small waist and their shapes flatter me every time.  It is pretty reasonably priced for the quality of the items.  I have had to attend several black tie functions and I always come here for an evening gown!
    • 35 friends
    • 135 reviews
    1/3/2011
    2 check-ins here
    The ladies that work at this store were all super helpful and accomodating. The selection was also pretty good for such a small store.
  • 4/13/2010
    My first BCBG dress was from HS, believe me when I tell you, I'm their utmost loyal customer! My closet is a living proof to support my testimony. Every work & casual piece I owned is practically from BCBG. I always incorporate something into my every day wear whether it's a skirt or top. My purchase was the BCBG in Woodbury Commons at a clearance sale. I brought 3 dresses(an amazing two-tone bustier zip-up dress I wore to a wedding), a pencil skirt, a few tops, and accessories. It was definitely worth the great finds! I often stop by this location when I'm in the neighborhood. The staff are always friendly and accomodating. It's a pleasant experience since they don't rush you and you can take as much time as you need to try and mix your outfits. I went shopping with my sisters this weekend just to glance at any new merchandise. And there's always a dress or top that immediately grab my attention. A-ha! And I found it! Perfect for work & after-work, it's what I always love about BCBG! It was a black shirt dress with cap sleeves. Unlike other shirt dress, this dress is figure flattering. It has a bubble skirt and a built-in belt to highlight the waist. I love the fit! BGBC comes out with different styles, patterns, and colors every season. Max Azaria always surprises me with great trends! I will be back sooner than you expect.... ;)
  • 1/24/2012
    I can only hope this review finds its way to Corporate as that is where it should fall.  I have purchased Herve Leger for many years and ever since BCBG took this line over it has gone down and down until I fear that the entire basis of the Bandage dress is now gone forever.  I have many Herve dresses and am usually able to buy them in Small and they do what Herve was famous for.  They spandex you from head to knee in all the right places.  Now somehow that entire notion is gone.  I just bought a dress from Neimans black with silver bandage dress and couldn't wait to receive it.  It looked great when I opened the box and then I did the unthinkable and tried it on.  The dress was a disaster...The top squeezed by boobs into to pancakes...the mid section which should have pulled in did anything but pull in....As a matter of fact whoever designed this nightmare made it so it pulled in at the hips and squeezed out your midsection so you looked like a cartoon character.  Flat boobs, stomach paunched out thanks to the tight hip action.  What were they thinking?  I packed the $1,790.00 dress up...that should have been on my body...and am sending it back to Neimans...It seems that BCBG is trying to make Herve into a more moderate line...as far as construction but not price.  I am really upset and don't think I will buy another Herve Dress until they get it back to where it is supposed to be... A BANDAGE DRESS...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered