Translation from English

Monday, November 25, 2013

Sabon- Soho

Fancy hair care in Soho..

Good reviews with a couple of sour apples ( par for the course)

  • 10/8/2013
    Sabon,

    One of my girlfriends flew into town from California and we were shopping in Soho when we discovered this store! Wow! I must say I'm very impressed by the set up of this store and it's customer service. We were instantly greeted by a friendly employee and were invited to go wash our hands at the sink. The customer service lady asked us what are skin types were and what fragrances we liked. We got to wash our hands with soap and water and then were instantly pampered with nice lotions and a few sugar scrubs. I mean talk about amazing customer service! What a hands on job!

    I ended up buying some facial towels with SPF 30 in it and the lady at the register asked me for my email. When you give them your email with a first purchase (at the time) you received a free hand lotion! Awesome! I love freebies! I really enjoyed stepping into the store and I would definitely visit again!

    Sincerely,
    Blake H.
  • 10/28/2013
    Go to Whole Body in Whole Foods INSTEAD!!

    NOTE: THIS RATING IS FOR ALL SABONS, BASED ON POLICY NOT SPECIFIC STORE.

    Although the products at Sabon are wonderful, their return policy is so unfair I wanted to warn prospective shoppers.

    My husband, great man that he is, always gets me a generous beauty basket for special events. Usually they are exactly what I want, but occasionally they have an item I'd prefer in a different scent.

    He went to Sabon at Columbus Circle and specifically asked about the return policy, as he knows I like to sometimes have a different scent than what he got me.

    They told him I could exchange it with no problem at all. They did NOT mention I had to have the receipt nor did they give him a gift receipt. In fact, they signed him up for a loyalty card.

    I went back today to simply exchange two small candles in rose scent for the large one in Sweet Vanilla. None of the products had been used at all. I was told there would be a 15% discount since I did not have the receipt. I gave them my husband's credit card number as well as his loyalty card number, and still they said they could only help if I had the receipt.

    So I wound up exchanging it but I had to pay the extra ~$8 simply because they deducted 15% of the value of the completely unused, pristinely packaged candles.

    I will never ever shop here again.  My husband can get the same gorgeous high quality (even higher quality) types of items at Whole Body (part of Whole Foods) and the selection is much greater. And they will not give you any hassle if you need to exchange anything without a receipt. Plus, the prices are far more reasonable.
  • 3/20/2013
    1 check-in here
    High end bath and body places are ubiquitous in NYC and in Soho with lots of chi chi boutiques offering a vast array of exotic transporting scents and treatments which no doubt will cure whatever ails thee. But what set Sabon apart for me and drew me in was the wonderful sales associate (I did not get his name but he is in my photo standing on the stairs). He was warm, engaging and knew the products up and down.

    Though I was happily in my own world sniffing this and dabbing that upon myself he invited me to experience using a few of their products in their unbelievable font sink they have right in the middle of the sales floor. I scrubbed, cleansed and moisturized my hands back to those of a 10 year old. The scent of patchouli, lavender and vanilla was off the charts! And I got to indulge myself in some OCD worthy behavior. ;)))

    While I did not purchase any product that day, as I was loathe to walk around carrying it, I would have no hesitation returning to that particular Sabon, their flagship shop, and that nice employee to purchase some goodies be it oils, butters or any of their gorgeous candles. They also have some wonderful beautifully packaged choices for hostess gifts, hinty hint. ;)))

    http://www.youtube.com/w…
    • Tracy D.
    • Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, NY
    8/8/2013
    2 check-ins here
    What first lured me in was the free samples that were being given out in front of the store, the second thing was the smell. It was glorious almost hypnotic. As soon as I walked in one of the salesgirls asked me if I wanted my hands washed. I said to myself is she trying to tell me something? I looked down at my hands and although they looked pretty clean to me I figured what the hell? You only live once. She washed my hands better then I do!! As she washed, exfoliated and applied lotion to my hands I said to myself man this is as good as it gets.  I than wandered over to the Aroma reed diffusers. After smelling every one  on the shelf I decided to purchase Magical Amber. The smell is strong without being overbearing. I was told that this fragrance is a limited edition, I brought 3!! I hope it's not discontinued. Now that I've found you Magical Amber, I couldn't bear to lose you.
  • 11/30/2012
    1 check-in here
    The first time I came here, I loved it.
    All of the scents seemed amazing, staff was friendly.

    Second time I came here.....

    Staff seemed eager to kick me out even though I already knew what I needed to pick up, made a beeline for it and was waiting promptly at the register in under 2 minutes flat.

    The cashier didn't seem to happy to see me standing there so they kept chatting it up longer and longer with the customer ahead of me.

    Really?

    She made some other staff person help me and he seemed to have a huuuuge chip on his shoulder. With a sigh, he rung me up. When I asked for it to be wrapped up, he heaved another sigh. I'm not sorry I am flying across the country with this product for my friend. I'm also not sorry that you make a living selling soap.

    While he slowly wrapped my crap up, I sampled some of their crap. Didn't really like it.

    Crap.

    Remains at 3 since my friend still loves it... and I walked by an hour later and saw that they were still open, FOR ANOTHER HOUR.
  • 1/24/2013
    This place is like Bath and Body works without the fragrance induced headaches, crowds, screaming colors and gaudy baubles that abound from every bucket, crevice and counter.

    The staff here are super friendly and guided us and our sandpaper hands to the fountain. Yes, fountain. After rinsing, exfoliating and lotioning up, we marveled at our baby's bottom hands and left with a free sample of soap.

    My hands still have a hint of fragrance, so I'm definitely considering making a purchase in the future.
  • 4/2/2013
    My friend and I was walking by this place before dinner one night and decided to go in. It spelled really good. So what can I say about Sabon:

    1. The store smells great without having that overpoweringly nauseating smell
    2. The customer service here was really great, the girl was excited about us getting a had wash and telling us about the scrubs. It was kind of late and I didn't feel rushed. Everyone here was super friendly and willing to help.
    3. Great products

    Ended up buying a yummy body scrub!!!!
    • Tim F.
    • Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia
    11/10/2012
    I thought this place was naff. McSoap anyone? I mean it presents itself differently but i felt it was really pedestrian at best. The products were okay, but seemed cheap and very chemical. I much prefer something like Aesop or Jurlique that has some substance about what they do.

    The shop assistants were friendly enough but they knew nothing about their products other than the price point and what i could read myself.

    Christmas hamper stuffers!
  • 5/10/2013
    First off, this place usually lures me in with the little free samples they give out in front of the stores. After getting a whiff, I usually need to stop in and get another lemongrass or ginger bar. I don't think I've ever even actually used their soaps to was my hands, I just like placing them around my house like potpourri.
  • 9/10/2012
    1 check-in here
    This place is so, so cute.  I had previously noticed this place as "the place that hands out tiny soap samples" on Spring St.  One day last month, I got a giftcard to this place.  I fell in love with the body scrub instantly.  It works like magic.  It smells great and leaves my skin feeling (and smelling) great the whole day, even through a hot NY summer day!    

    I've since made 3 trips here with various friends since my initial discovery in the past month.  They all love it too!  The staff is very helpful.  They will also pack your purchases for travel or semi gift-wrap it for free. You can purchase cute gift boxes for a couple more bucks.  This is my new favorite go-to place for buying gifts.
  • 12/21/2012
    I hate how crowd this location can get during rush hour 6-8pm. I do love the customer service but hate when they get too chatty with someone else while you need help.

    I always love this Sabon to get things, like their shower oils and fragranec reed diffusers.
  • 3/2/2013
    Oh yeah me gusta! The little hand scrub wash ordeal sucked us in to buying a bunch of stuff. Our sales girl, who I'll refer to as Scarlet Johannsen minus the haughty too cool attitude was very personable and helpful. Picked up their jar of body scrub and shower oil in musk, and some bar soap. Everything I've used so far appears worth the $$. I would definitely go back for more products to add to my cosmetics hoard!!
  • 4/14/2013
    I went in here not knowing what it was.  Their customer service level is very nice.  They greeted us and explained what they were.  All while giving you a five-piece hand wash.  Very nice products.  Expensive, but it ends up being worth it.  I left buying after she very eloquently explained their products.  A+ Customer Service!!!
  • 11/11/2012
    Pros:

    1. Great products. Really unique
    2. Makes as amazing gifts. Everyone loves Sabon gifts
    3. Exceptionally great customer service

    Cons:
    1. Lil pricey, but sometimes you hv to pay for something nice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered