Translation from English

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Built by Wendy- Little Italy

Built By Wendy 

Yelp has been publicizing this story but running it with very old reviews. Reviews they have are good.

  • 7 Centre Market Pl
    New York, NY 10013
    Little Italy
  • Transit information 4 6 6X J N Q Z Get Directions
  • Phone number (212) 925-6538
  • Business website builtbywendy.com
Yelp Ad

Levi's Store

23 reviews
0.2 Miles away from Built By Wendy
Sam L. said "Okay, here's the deal - Despite being gay, I really really hate shopping. I only go when I actually need something. Like pants.…" read more
  • 4/15/2012
    Love Always!

    I've been to this store twice in the past 6 years (I live in California) and both times I had an incredible experience.  I will always love this brand.

    The best fitting jeans I've ever had.
  • 2/1/2008
    One of the reasons why I love living in New York is that I can go to Built by Wendy anytime.

    Her clothes are adorable, both for men and women, and I know every time I walk in there I'm going to find something that I have to have. She also sells her patterns, which as a designer, I think is freaking genius. For example, I found a dress there once that I was in love with. Unfortunately, I had just gone on a retarded shopping spree, and wouldn't allow myself to spend the $250 on it. As I walked through the shop pouting I noticed a shelf of patterns, one of which was my dress. For $15.

    A few of the items I've bought from Built by Wendy have had some problems - the stitching on the hem of a shirt and a tote bag strap came undone - but they have had no problem repairing or replacing them. Their customer service is awesome, and everyone who works there has always been really nice and helpful. I prefer the Manhattan shop to the Brooklyn one (for once!), but maybe that's because Wendy was actually working there one day while I was shopping.

    She also hails from Chicago, which in my book, makes you as good as gold.
  • 7/31/2008
    i mean god bless this place.
    i have a hard time finding good looking clothes that fit me well.
    Wendy is my saving maiden in arms.
    really when you look at it - 150 isn't anything to spend on a pair of nice jeans that actually fit.
    and the detail work on all of the clothes is outstanding.
    great stitching, great quality fabric, overall just wonderful.
    AND everyone that works here (i've only seen two) is really friendly and unpretentious.
  • 3/23/2013 Updated review
    Listed in Born to Shop
    I may never get over the fact that the BBW era is over.
    11/19/2011 Previous review
    I hate to say it but I think my obsession is waning. I am not so into the new store design but I do… Read more
    5/28/2009 Previous review
    Still obsessed popped in today to find out that the 99 pink balloons and girls on film top and… Read more
    4.0 star rating
    11/24/2008 Previous review
    The Fall 08 stuff inspired heavily by the Sound of Music is on sale. I missed the Fall Sample sale… Read more
    8/7/2007 Previous review
    I'm obsessed with Built By Wendy. I remember reading about Wendy Mullin in Sassy magazine; back when… Read more
  • 2/1/2008
    My friend manages this store.  She's way cool.
    And, I would just like to say that even though I myself am too corn-fed to fit into any of the men's threads, any girl that wears Built By Wendy is automatically sexy.  So shop here!

    • 5 friends
    • 24 reviews
  • 6/10/2010
    This is a beautiful store.

    Just enough off the main drags that it isn't mobbed by the style-hungry masses, with a very friendly staff and simple, perfect clothes.

    The thing about this place that just slays me is how things look cute on the rack but maybe not amazing enough to justify the price tag... and then you put them on and all the sudden they are PERFECT.  Beautifully made, beautiful fit, just... everything.  Pieces that are special but at the same time you could wear them all the time (without having them fall apart).

    I disagree with the reviewer that says these clothes don't flatter anyone.  I went in with my friend and while we are differently-shaped, we both found stuff that looked really great on, and neither of us are tall rail-thin model types either.

    All stuff on sale was 50% off which put sale dresses at about $150 and separates under $100!  Also, they sell patterns for their clothes which is so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered