Translation from English

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cadillac's Castle- East Village

Used and consignment clothes. Again, Yelp is providing a lot of really old reviews...have to eliminate most of those. ( Very good reviews overall).


  • 333 E 9th St
    New York, NY 10003
    b/t 1st Ave & 2nd Ave in East Village
  • Transit information 4 6 6X L Get Directions
  • Phone number (212) 475-0406
Yelp Ad

Macy's

765 reviews
1.5 Miles away from Cadillac's Castle
Jon B. said "Holy crap you could spend an entire business day shopping here. 8 Floors of madness. As a guy who is pretty picky about what he…" read more
  • 10/6/2013
    A fantastic selection of higher-end pieces at very good prices. Salespeople don't hover or force their opinions. I only wish that I'd found this place sooner. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to be in my very small size when I last visited, but I've grown to expect this at high end consignment/resale shops in NY.
  • 9/3/2013
    Interesting thrift store, since it definitely has a higher-end vibe, and the clothes are appropriately in pristine condition. This is not the place to find cheap, pre-owned clothing though - it's focus is on high-end brands, but the clothing prices are excellent considering how much they were probably originally priced at. The store itself is tiny, but the selection is pretty good and as with all thrift stores, you might find something, you might not, depending on when you go.

    If you're looking for relatively inexpensive, luxury brand clothing, this is definitely the place to check out!
  • 7/13/2013
    The staff is helpful, the prices are amazing and the inventory turns over every few days. They carry a good selection of high-end designers for an affordable price.

    Definitely worth a few minutes to check out, life is like a cadillac's castle, you never know what your gonna get!
  • 1/17/2013
    Dropped by here with a friend this weekend excited to see if I'd find anything.  The store is modern and clean and it actually makes you feel like you're shipping high end. I do agree this place is about getting lucky and I didn't find anything I had to have. The pieces are in good condition and you can tell they only stock the best of the best.

    It's worth a few minutes to check out.

    Another plus about this place is you can get up close and touch the garments (like a Chanel jacket) unlike in the real stores.
  • 12/13/2012
    Pros: great selection of dresses, unattentive staff (I don't like it when the staff constantly hovers around u.)
    Cons: I just wish they had more selection! My only complaint!:)

    OMG!!! I stumbled upon this gem in LES today and I ABSOLUTELY loved this place! I lucked out with Theory black formal dress for mere $75!:)

    It's not yo ordinary thrift shop where the clothes scream "yes, I'm second-handed". They take really good care of the clothes so they feel like they are brand new.

    The shop carries this pretty high class boutique ambiance unlike other thrift shops, which made the shopping experience so much more pleasant!:)

    The selection focuses on mid to high end brands, ranging anything from Theory to DVF to Chanel!:) They are all very affordable.

    They update the selection on a daily basis. I'm coming back here again to shop for my yr end party occasions!:)

    FYI, they also buy ur stuff. I'm thinking of selling my LV purses and stuff. Commission is 50%.
  • 7/9/2012
    Amazing choices!

    They only feature good clothes and good brands. Its all about getting lucky here. I saw a burberry coat, salvatore ferragamo jacket, fendi shoes, pucci scarf etc etc at a very affordable price. Other brands they feature are Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Vera Wang, BCBG, DKNY etc. The only downside was looking at such amazing pieces and not finding them in my size.
  • 1/11/2012
    LOVE the store, HATE the service.

    Amazing pieces, it's a shame the sales girl in there was such a condescending, snobbish little brat.. Definitely did not make me feel welcomed. It's a good thing she doesn't work off tips.
  • 2/29/2012
    Kreg and Joanne are the best!  I've consigned off and on with them, and they are very good with follow up, and offer a fair split!

    Love them!
  • 3/31/2009
    A hidden gem, I love this place!

    I cannot stand Tokio 7. They were unbelievably rude to me, not to mention unable to sell my designer pieces.

    I noticed a Helmut Lang leather jacket the last time I visited (too bad it wasn't my size). They sold my DVF and Calvin Klein dresses at a reasonable price, very quickly. Cadillac Castle has an amazing selection of designer pieces from Lanvin, to D&G, to Chloe and Helmut as I mentioned above. It is a small store and pretty expensive, but they only take pieces that are in perfect condition, so you know you are receiving quality clothing and accessories at a fraction of the cost.
  • 9/21/2011
    These guys are amazing - the most professional consignors I've dealt with, and they've got a fantastic selection of current pieces and strong vintage pieces from your favorite labels (Love the Jill Stuart mesh bag I picked up!)

    When consigning with them, the garments were looked over meticulously - anything with any flaw whatsoever was eliminated (glad I had several NWT items), and several items were dry cleaned/repaired to bring them up to perfect condition.

    I would consider Cadillac's Castle my first choice for vintage shopping or for consigning in the future. Very grateful for such knowledgeable, friendly, resourceful people in the post-retail fashion market.
  • 1/8/2008
    If you tend to wear colorful dresses and skirts, then this is the place for you. Unfortunately, I mainly wear black and red so I walked out empty-handed. The items were very well cared for and there were many designer pieces. It didn't strike me as  vintage shop (and certainly not thrift.) I'm used to the "homely" atmosphere of many vintage/thrift and this one was well-lit and white.

    The prices however, aren't in my budget. They were typically well over a hundred, unless on sale (meaning $85 or around that.) When I went, they also had a rack of $60 jackets and, as other reviewers have mentioned, a rack outside with cheaper priced wares. Perhaps, though, I missed the "real" thrift racks.

    Even though I walked out without buying anything, this doesn't mean I didn't covet a few pieces...however, I doubt I will be back unless something strikes me on the cheaper racks outside as I walk by. I say give the store a try at least once.
  • 9/4/2011
    I love Cadillac's Castle! I just took a bunch of my stuff there. I love the guy.. He was so sweet! And he was really generous/honest about what he will take, how much he will give me, etc. I looked around and also saw a lot of good stuff out, but I forced myself out because I was there to SELL stuff, not to buy more sh*t.

    If you'll be bringing stuff in, I recommend you call and make sure their buyer is in the house, just so that you won't have to leave your stuff there and wait for them to get back to you to pick up what they will not be keeping.
  • 5/7/2011
    1 check-in here
    An awesome little consignment shop.  All the pieces are high-end designer in great condition and at unbelievably low prices.  Think Chanel, Haute Hippie, Catherine Malandrino, Cynthia Vincent, Rebecca Taylor, DVF, Elizabeth & James, J Brand, etc etc.  I didn't see a price tag over $150 [clothing-wise at least].  They also had some jewelry and a small selection of shoes.

    The owner was friendly, but also let me be while I shopped.  I can't stand when store personnel are all up in my face every 2 minutes.

    Shops like this can be pretty hit-or-miss, so although I didn't leave with anything today, I'll definitely be back again.
  • 9/16/2010
    What a great store! When I walked in, there was a guy trying to sell his bag of designer clothes. The female owner seemed really knowledgeable and had no time for any BS or imitation high-end clothing. This is a good thing for shoppers because that means there's less crap in the store.

    The prices were really reasonable as well. I think they had a cute little black Gucci dress for less than $100. Will have to take my girlfriend with me the next time we're both in New York.

    It began to rain as I was leaving. I'm not talking about a regular drizzle. It was like tropical rainforest monsoon thunderstorm rain. The male owner saw me outside, was super nice and offered to give me (not sell, or loan) an umbrella. Who does that? And I didn't even buy anything. I'm surprised to read the negative reviews about him. Maybe he's a douche to you because you're a bad shopper?
    62 reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered