Translation from English

Sunday, November 24, 2013

MyDanoz Fine Foods- Midtown/Flatiron

Another place with few reviews, but not all as enthusiastic as some places with just a few reviews

  • 271 5th Ave
    Manhattan, NY 10016
    b/t 30th St & 29th St in Midtown East, Flatiron
  • Transit information 4 6 6X N R Get Directions
  • Phone number (212) 592-0761
  • Business website mydanoz.com
  • 8/16/2013
    A welcome addition to the neighborhood, especially for lunch during the work day! They have lots of packaged foods, fresh made sandwiches, sushi, and crepes. My crepe was great and I look forward to trying more. They are opening up a wine bar soon.  Full review here: http://nycnomnom.com/201…
  • 7/29/2013
    Went here on a total whim while on a post lunch walk.  Looked around a bit and got a juice which was good and not overly priced.  I'd be willing to go back and explore the other items there (sandwiches, salads, etc).  Apparently there are wine and sushi bars.

    Reminds me of Eataly, but smaller and less expensive.
  • 7/25/2013
    I went to the newly opened sushi restaurant upstairs...

    Service was appalling despite my table being the only customers there.  We were given 1 menu to share among 3 people.  I had to repeat the order numerous times, waitress did not seem to understand what I was ordering, which seemed to be evidenced by the lack of certain items which I had to get out of me seat to request be brought to us.  Food was brought out sporadically, not at all in "appetizer then meal" order, and it created an awkward vibe at the table where some people had food and others didn't.    Water was never refilled.  Waitress seemed annoyed that we were there.

    The food was bland.  I have never in my life tasted such weak wasabi.  It barely registered as spicy; I had to load it onto every bite to even begin to taste it.  The sushi was tasteless, honestly, which is why I was loading wasabi onto it.

    I know this restaurant is new, but maybe they should have waited until they got all of their things in order before opening up at all.  They serve the meals on paper plates and use plastic cups.  It appeared that if you needed forks/knives you were going to get plastic ones, too, because we could see a basket of individually wrapped plastic utensils.

    Not sure what I paid for besides the lesson of not to come back.
  • 7/5/2013
    1 check-in here First to Review
    Interesting new specialty food store.  Opened earlier this week.  They sell packaged items, fresh food for take-out, also they make crepes to order.  I did not see the wine bar, might be on the second floor.  I did not have much time today but will go back Monday and fill in more details.  Service staff seem pleasant.
    • Maggie L.
    • Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn, NY
    • 0 friends
    • 3 reviews
    8/29/2013
    the lady outside was giving out free samples so i stopped and had one, maybe some lettuce thing, idk what that was, but i went in to see if they had coffee, and they did. the coffee is good, i had a latte.  anyway, i like the place for its upstairs- very quiet while i was there, lots of tables, and a nice outdoor deck, which is a weird find in midtown by my experience so far. will likely walk over here from baruch during my breaks from classes this year and do some work out on the deck with the free wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered