Translation from English

Saturday, August 31, 2013

UpperWestSide-Bway&96thStreet--Surrounding Sights

Perhaps the most significant aspect I noticed when I was farther up on the Upper West Side today is the somewhat impressive mass of large old apartment buildings, sometimes covering entire blocks along Broadway, and the stone and brick heaviness of the architecture..

 Riverside Drive twists and turns sinuously alongside Riverside Park with all ITS big old buildings..

 And far West 96th Street plunges down under an overpass for Riverside Drive, with signs directing you on the opposite side to the way to the Henry Hudson Parkway..

This very brief video clip gives you an idea of all the urban density you feel after you get off the subway at 96th Street and Broadway,  and that somehow it is a place where it is hard to get your bearings

The posts I have today ( July 31) on the Upper West Side and the subway will continue tomorrow because of all the sights I saw...

It was not that hot on Upper Broadway, but I felt it was sort of stifling...I felt much better when I got back to Lower East Midtown later, where there seemed to be so much more light and air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered