Translation from English

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Carol, "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem"- Sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir






This is the very first Christmas carol I learned as a child. I remember my mother had a "Christmas Book" full of pictures, songs and stories for children, and she taught my brother and I how to sing the song while looking at the music in the book.

Of course, we could not read the musical notes, we just sang along with my mother.

I tried very hard to find a really simple version on YouTube but I kept getting songs that did not sound like the song I know ( as far as melody goes). I guess there are two different versions.

The Mormons sing the song the way I know it, except in a grand way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2fwME46GM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered