Translation from English

Sunday, December 22, 2013

All About Food Cafe- Midtown East

All About Food seems to be another decent place that has, however, problems in consistency, and, more than once mentioned, attitude of employees.

Thus mixed reviews...well, I will let you read for yourself  ( only one person rates this place as really excellent and I would not do the posting except you might be nearby and just want to know about this place).

Edit
  • 16 E 58th St, Ste A
    New York, NY 10022
    b/t 5th Ave & West 58th St in Midtown East
  • Transit information 4 5 6 6X E M N Q R Get Directions
  • Phone number (212) 355-0900
  • Business website orderallaboutfood.com
  • 6/14/2013
    I would have given this place 4 stars but I have ordered from here one two separate occasions and had different experiences so it just avgs out to a 3.  The first time I ordered a chicken sandwich with bacon and it was YUM YUM delicious. I was sold on All about Food and knew that I would have to try them again.  The second time I truly wish that I passed up on this but they were the only place that was open for Breakfast and delivering when I was starving so here I came.  I ordered the Greek Omelette made with 2 egg white, wheat toast, hash browns and a side order of a fresh fruit cup.  So the fruit was pretty good cannot go wrong with that especially it was first thing in the morning so it was truly fresh.  The omelette left a lot to be desired as did the hash browns which were not cooked to a nice golden crisp. I really did not enjoy this meal at all. The best things that can with this were the wheat toast slices and the fresh fruit besides that I wish I passed up on this breakfast and stuck to their sandwiches.

    Both orders I made through Seamless
    • 1 friend
    • 1 review
    10/29/2013
    I come here every so often because I work across the street. Every time I go I leave frustrated. I have a limited amount of time on a break, and they always seem to waste it.

    There are three things a place like this has to be - cheap, good, and fast. It's not cheap, the food is okay at best, and clearly, it's not fast.

    I get it - it's busy. But it takes enough time to flag someone down. Then they frequently forget about your food. And once your food is ready, you have to badger them to pay for it, or they'll ring out people who are getting quick pickups. Sometimes I've had to remind them to actually pass me my food.

    This place is lucky it's in the spot it's in - anything else worth visiting is a good few blocks away. But if it's going to take that long to get my food anyway, maybe I'll just give those places a shot.
  • 10/2/2013
    You can do so much better in the area for food.

    This place is so over-priced, dirty, and serving sup-par food.

    You're better off going to McDonalds down on 3rd avenue compared to this.

    I only stop here if it's raining or snowing out and I don't want to go far away from work for lunch.
  • 10/13/2013
    They have a huge menu which would be great but the employees don't speak English well and are extremely rude. I wish it was better because I work next door.
  • 1/23/2012
    I've eaten or taken out from here maybe 100 times over the past 8 years.  You'd think after that long I'd maybe have some sort of basic relationship, maybe even get a smile or hello once in a while from one of the bitter fools who work here.  I come back again and again because its a deli/cafe with many options and despite how much I genuinely don't like being inside this crowded and dirty spot, the food is decent.

    The reason I decided to Yelp about it today after so many years is that one of the bitter fools who work here was rude for no apparent reason.  I got a turkey sandwich and after paying I said: "Can i have a few packs of mustard?" to which he gave me 2 small packs of mustard.  I then said "i need another one please" and he said "you said a FEW- a FEW is 2."  I thought about that for about a second and then responded that a few is actually 3 or more and that a couple is two.  More importantly, why on earth is a man who speaks broken English giving me a vocabulary lesson? It really pissed me off.  Even after he realized he was wrong he sort of flung the extra mustard at me and went the other way.

    Typical New York: crappy service but still busy and making money.  I wish somebody would just get the customer service formula right.  I would pay extra to not deal with a-holes every day of my life.
  • 6/26/2012
    I work right down the block and come here every so often to grab some lunch. Every time I come here I usually either grab a wrap (California Wrap is awesome!) or some of the hot food in the back.
    The food has always been fresh and tastes really good. Hence the reason I usually come back here. The service is on top of their game and the cashiers don't rush you out like some other places in the area.
    One of the best things is that they are very reasonably priced with their salads and hot combo platters.  Also, they are never cheap with the food, always filling the containers.
    I also come here for their healthy fruit smoothies on hot days... can't go wrong!
  • 10/14/2009
    I was thinking to myself recently...  Self, I thought, you haven't done a two-star review in awhile.  Part of me is happy because I seem to be finding places that are awesome.  But maybe I was being overly generous.  Difficult to say.  But it all changed when I went to All About Food.

    It's one of those all-in-one delis that don't do anything well.  The place was kind of dirty, the letters were falling off their sign outside, and it was layed out in a way that made it crowded when it didn't need to be.

    The lettuce in my salad wasn't good, the avocado was old and kind of thrown in hastily, and the dressing wasn't good either.  The guy didn't even chop up my salad when I asked.  Yuck.

    I don't plan on going back, and you shouldn't either.
  • 12/3/2010
    Came here for lunch....got a salad with bacon, marinated mushroom, cherry tomato, and cucumbers for $8 with change.....LOL~ I think thats a steal...XD

    One thing that bothered me was the cherry tomatos...wasnt sure if they washed it well...or what.....but they look kinda dirty....looked like it still had some mud/soil on it.....=.=!
  • 4/25/2010
    Decent place. Had lunch here, after hitting the uptown Crate & Barrel today.

    Counter order seems a little disorganized, but they have small tables.

    Good prices for this area of the city.  2 egg sandwiches, a soda, and some potato salad for about $12.

    People kind of just leave their trash on the tables, since there are no obvious trash cans, which makes it a little messy.
  • 10/10/2011
    This place is right next to my current office, so  it's a great place to quickly pick up lunch. I usually get a salad-- they make them super quick and they have a great selection of mix-ins. The value is great (and they give us an employee discount which is nice).

    I wouldn't necessarily make this a destination to go and eat lunch in, but it's a great place to pop in and pick up!
  • 10/14/2008
    First to Review
    I would have given this place 3 stars, but I found a hair in my food.  Other than the hair, the food was decent.

    We took our toddler to see the F.A.O. Schwarz opening and arrived a bit early.  We decided to grab some breakfast, so we asked around for a recommendation (a vendor and a security guard).  They both recommended this place.  It's conveniently located right across from the F.A.O. Schwarz 58th Street entrance.

    From the outside it didn't look like much, but inside it was bright, airy and clean.  There was a nice selection of pre-made foods but in the back was the griddle station.  We headed back there where I ordered a sausage and egg breakfast sandwich and a scrambled egg plate.  I had the sandwich and found the hair after I had eaten most of it.  My wife didn't find anything odd in hers.
  • 1/16/2013
    I like  the breakfast  wraps
    • 101 friends
    • 19 reviews
    3/14/2012
    2 check-ins here
    All about food is a great place if you want a quick meal. They have a great selection of food including soups, an extensive salad bar, premade sandwiches, and a healthy choice/stir fry menu. you can classify it as a deli, but it has significant seating, light pop music (106.7), and a tv usually tuned to ny 1. Right across from FAO Schwartz right off 5th avenue, All about Food is very reasonably priced. There isn't really anything NOT to like about this place! Great stuff.
  • 4/3/2012
    All about food is all about money! It's rush, rush, rush and all you get is a very bland & salty meal. They don't listen, often giving me something I didn't order. They don't do anything well, oh and forget about the oatmeal!! It's watered down gruel. They've obviously never eaten oatmeal before. There is no love in the food and they are not friendly. Save your money and go someplace else.
  • 7/7/2011
    1 check-in here
    Just another deli/cafe that really need to rethink their focus on their busines; nothing special to talk about here; except that I wish they were better because it is needed on this location.  I'm just another dissapointed customer...
  • 7/30/2010
    interesting that everyone else gave it bad reviews...

    i never really had a bad experience here, maybe because i only stick to their pre-made sandwiches and a bag of chips whenever i take out from this place. which by the way, is very good and they have so many to choose from. their ice coffee is also pretty good as well--a bit steep ($3.50 for a large), but good. oh, and EL employees get a discount for their lunch.
  • 3/20/2011
    My go-to place for a lunch salad.  Four mix-ins for under $7.  Can't complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered