This is really good...
I love to train new firefighters and recruits. They are usually like sponges. Over the years, the one thing...
FIREFIGHTERWORLD.ORG
Like · Comment · 
  • Lawrence Kreger
    Write a comment...
  • Greg Harrell Man do I wish I had this list a long time ago when I was a probie, life would have been easier
    Like · Reply · 2 hrs
  • Gayla Haight I may have missed it, but as a rookie: truck/equipment checks before you sit down for breakfast. Calls won't wait for you to ear then make sure your rig is ready for the day. Also as a rookie, you had better be the first one to the rig to start washing and not the last.
    Like · Reply · 5 · 3 hrs
“Heroes Remembered”
They woke up that morning
Not knowing it'd be their last
They fought that fire aggressively...
See More
Like · Comment · 
Madison Nightingale (now 14 years old) composed a tribute to the 19 firefighters who lost their lives 2 years ago fighting a forest fire in Yarnell, AZ. 
She was asked to Honor the 19 fallen Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshotsby singing for the town of Prescott at the 1 year memorial.
She brought people to tears with her kind words and beautiful voice. 
...See More
Directed by AK Films (I do not own any rights of photos used in video)
YOUTUBE.COM
Like · Comment · 
* Stop expecting firefighters to save your homes.
"Asking firefighters to risk their lives to save unprepared homes from the most volatile blazes is like asking the National Guard to control a hurricane. It’s negligent. 
Even still, firefighters want to help people and put their training to use, and it can be hard for these brave men and women to recognize the limits of their abilities.
...See More
Like · Comment · 
"The Hotshot Prayer"
When I am called to duty, Lord
To fight the roaring blaze
Please keep me safe and strong...
See More
Like · Comment · 
I sit here tonight, pondering on the eve of a sobering 2-year anniversary for the 19 Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshots lost in the line of duty in Yarnell, AZ... I am reminded of just how deeply the tragedy affected me.
How about you?
Jonathan Lusk...
See More
Like · Comment · 
"Footprints in the Black"
Through the black I walk
Sharpened shovel in my hand
The wind so slight drifts through...
See More
Like · Comment · 
I saw you just yesterday, when it was just another day. 
Nomex on, boots laced tight, packs on right, and heads held high. We all lined out, with a nod of the head, and the statement “moving”, from up ahead. 
I saw you just yesterday, when it was just another day.
...See More
Like · Comment · 
More trouble with drones...
'If you fly, we can't!"
"Losing the ability to utilize these aircraft has a serious impact on the success of the firefighters on the ground."
NBCNEWS.COM
Like · Comment ·