Great to see that we have an army of social media followers that have shared their wrong charger near misses in a bid to make others safer.
Mandy sent us the image of an iFake charger she bought from a market stall which caught alight and the second picture was sent by Jimmy, whose kitchen was left burnt after using the wrong charger with his electric cigarette.
Although both plugs exploded, they thankfully did not cause blazes - but you might not be so fortunate.
Our fire dog Sherlock and his handler Paul recently joined Mill Hill White Watch at a special charity event.
Under the eye of WM William Leggett, the group attended the Starlight summer party where they granted the wish of seriously ill and terminally ill children who wanted to see the Fire Brigade and meet Sherlock.
Starlight brightens the lives of children in every children's hospital ward and hospice around the UK, by granting their wishes and providing fun, laughter, dis...
Congratulations and farewell to Islington Red Watch Manager Mick Gibbs who retired this week after 30 years service to the Brigade. Mick served at Kingsland fire station for 28 years, before moving to Islington fire station for the last 18 months of his career.
Islington Borough Commander Patrick Goulbourne, said: “We wish Mick and his family a happy retirement, he will be missed by Islington borough and the Brigade.”