Translation from English

Monday, June 15, 2015

airbnbnyc


 
  
  
Lawrence,
When I developed cancer from working near Ground Zero, I had no idea how I would manage to pay the medical bills. But hosting on Airbnb got me through my fight with cancer without losing my home. 
As lawmakers consider rules for home sharing, I’d like to remind them of the many New Yorkers like me who use Airbnb to weather difficult times and help make ends meet.
I wish I never had to learn that no matter how successful or hardworking you are, you can be one illness away from financial disaster. And I’m grateful that I was able to share my home to help get me through that hardship.
I’m writing today to make sure that the thousands of New Yorkers who rely on Airbnb as an economic lifeline can continue to do so, to make their rent, to pay off loans, and to simply make it in this city.  
Thank you for joining me.
- Lee

--
Lee Thomas
Airbnb Host, Ozone Park 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered