Translation from English

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

MY VIDEO: TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE GREAT OUTDOORS AND THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY IN NYC


Monday, February 16, 2015

MY VIDEO: Teddy Roosevelt and the Great Outdoors: The Amazing Museum of Natural History - Part One

Sunday, February 15, 2015


MY NEW VIDEO: A Fantastic Museum with ( as I finally realized this time) the presence of Trust-Busting Teddy Roosevelt everywhere...








Old T.R. Was quite a character, who went from sickly child in Manhattan to being an aggressive outdoor type after being sent out to the family ranch in Montana and being taken under the wing of a lot of friendly cowboys...

Roosevelt's reputation is mixed today, because he WAS a man of his times and cannot be revamped to fit what today is Politically Correct. He WAS a "white hunter" AND a lover of nature and animals ( Puccini was an avid hunter, by the way,  as were all sorts of people then and now..I would rather shoot pigeons made of clay myself ( I was the best shooter in my boy scout troop) --and shoot animals with a camera ...as they say, some of my best friends are hunters, especially my old high school buddy Paul M. , found again on Facebook where we disagree about a lot of things except the unbridled greed of a lot  of corporate and Wall Street types and how they are never satisfied ( he went from being something of a bad-ass teenager to being a happily married suburban accountant as an adult, remaining tied to his guns though. He makes me laugh when he says he will get out his goose gun if a drone dares to fly over HIS house...)

Anyway, this is just my first report from the Museum, --here I am almost entirely in the Hall of North American Mammals. The Museum is such a VAST entity that I can never cover all of it ( I think I may do the gems and minerals area next; I do not possess any but love looking at them, just as I always loved the displays at Astro Gems and Minerals when they were on 34th Street..

But back to the video: it isn't very long, as I said, and I am sorry if stuffed animals turn you off so much or something ( the way I look at it, what's done is done in that regard and in the future science can probably make artificial animals that look more real than the real ones...

Maybe we should have zoos with robot animals and robot dolphins to gaze at..

Oh well, make up your own mind about this...

( FINAL NOTE: I loved the dioramas, too, originally done in about 1939 by a French artist who brilliantly captured the feeling of the countryside where these animals exist...I had just come back from a trip from the Rockies in Colorado when I went to the Museum some years back and immediately felt like I was right back there again when I looked at some of the dioramas.. _





Maybe the best Museum in New York..

Certainly a long time favorite..Please watch it in theater mode or full screen!
http://youtu.be/nYfRGnLxHAk







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered