Translation from English

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

MY NEW VIDEO; And On the Home Front, Summer- BOTH VERSIONS

This is to update my guided tour of my little studio apartment here off Central Park West on the Upper West side, where from the pretty landscaped courtyard below the birdsong awakens me early each day, and I try to grow some orchids , as well as some other flowers and plants

Oh yeah, the plastic is still on the windows from last winter..I keep procrastinating about taking it down...I may as well admit I will just have to re-plasticize my windows in the coming winter anyway and that the old plastic isn't going to make it...



As I said in my former tour back in April, this place is just fine.
The only thing that I want to change is that my home is essentially well-- an office....


It's like all I need to complete the picture is a large filing cabinet ( my desk drawers are crammed with papers etc.)-- the computer revolution has not diminished the amount of paper we find ourselves stuck with  ( until we radically declutter and throw things away, only to find we need them again in a couple of weeks)


Like a lot of people "Anywhere I hang my hat is home," --but some places are much better as homes than others, I can tell you that-- I am happy as a clam with my home now (and I have a lot of hats) but I would like to be more fitted out for entertaining--


The way I live now is rather monastic, with me as a scribe at the computer all the time.  It is not set up well for entertaining. I would like to get some new furniture and move things around and change that, so I can entertain people in a decent manner...


I certainly have a nice, well-equipped kitchen in which to prepare meals for instance


I have space that could be used in a different way...


...oh, by the way, the bathroom is great except that the water from the shower -- it is very hard to find the "Goldilocks zone" where it isn't too cold or too hot, that is a challenge...


But this is pretty much a "sweet home" to be "Home Sweet Home" in, and the nearness of Central Park is a BIG plus...as well as very good transportation to this area...

Compared to an awful lot of people, I have very little to complain about....I just want to have a more social existence in my dwelling.

My first version of this video I did last night,  ( showing the flowers by flashlight) and the second version which I shot this morning is taking FOREVER  to upload, so I have to show the late night version here..

If I seem a little rushed, forgive me, --

You know, it helps to see more in detail if you look at this in Theater View or Full Screen ( it is in HD. This may present a problem if you have out of date software).

And so for the film-- OK, now I have the new version here too but I am leaving the old just because I enjoy seeing me show the flowers at night with a flashlight, it's so silly

Le Voila:

https://youtu.be/6_TVaJHvhC4

OK, here is the morning version, which is pretty much the same,

But with different music and slightly different emphasis

https://youtu.be/j3hbDn2qw8g




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered