Translation from English

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Firefighter/EMS Blogs

Today's Hot Discussions


How to be successful at IV therapy – some advice for paramedic students

Image credit: Wikimedia Commons In a recent thread at EMT Life a paramedic student wrote: Just entering my 2nd semester of paramedic school. So far I’ve found the coursework to be the easiest part. Instead of being stressed over tests I’m stressed over IV’s. 170 sticks in overall my % sucks. Granted most of those ...more

Considering Perspectives

IMG_2128
The man in the picture is my grandfather, Earl C. Mayers, better known to many as “Smokey”.  To me, he was “Grandpop”. My whole life he served as “the Fire Marshal”.  I say it like that because he carried that title in several jurisdictional responsibilities, the most visible being the Chief Fire Marshal for Montgomery County, Pennsylvania until his death ...more

Patient Follow-up

copy-medicscribeheader.png
One of the greatest shames in EMS is that we so often never find out what the real deal was with our patients. 17 year old boy whose parents swear he never does drugs (but did go to a concert last night) is found in his room the next day talking gibberish, reaching for objects ...more

LATEST POSTS


This Is A Hate Speech

This Is A Hate Speech
Do you know what I hate? Hate.  When I was young, I may or may not have said I hated one of my siblings. I remember my mother telling me ...more

On Justification: Equality, Scripture & Politics

On Justification: Equality, Scripture & Politics
"Equal dignity in the eyes of the law."                                     Justice Anthony Kennedy Lincoln by ...more

Raw Video: Heavy Fire Conditions and Great Commentary at a House Fire in Safety Harbor, FL

Raw Video: Heavy Fire Conditions and Great Commentary at a House Fire in Safety Harbor, FL
Some good raw video from a house fire in Safety Harbor, Florida.  The video was posted by Kevin Hines and description is below. "Got to the scene immediately after the fire started and ...more

Raw Video and Fireground Audio: Paterson, NJ Firefighters Rescue Cat at House Fire

Raw Video and Fireground Audio: Paterson, NJ Firefighters Rescue Cat at House Fire
Raw video and fireground audio of Paterson, New Jersey Firefighters battling a house fire.  Companies operating were also able to rescue a cat from the home.  The video was posted ...more

Raw Video: Citizens Evacuate Apartment Building Fire

Raw Video: Citizens Evacuate Apartment Building Fire
Raw video that was posted on June 20, 2015 shows civilians evacuating an apartment complex fire.  The location of the fire is not known.  The video was posted by Spencer Butler and ...more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered