Translation from English

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Midtown Animal Clinic

This situation really confuses me. This place has been around for a while and I thought most people were passionate about the kind of care their pets get, especially around here ( look at what a holy shrine Bide a Wee Adoption place is).

Then why only three Yelp reviews? I will run them, but let me look for some more information..

Midtown Animal Hospital

5.0 star rating
3 reviews
256 E 33rd St
(between 3rd Ave & 2nd Ave)
New York, NY 10016
Neighborhoods: Midtown East, Murray Hill, Kips Bay
(212) 683-0309
Nearest Transit Station:
33 St (4, 6, 6X)
28 St (4, 6, 6X)
By Appointment Only:
Yes
5.1 Miles from Midtown Animal Hospital
Felipe H. said: "Considering their workload (number of clients), I think they do a good job. Yes, they are out to make a profit, however, I enjoy coming here.  The doctor and staff…" read more »
Sort by: Yelp Sort | Date | Rating | Elites' | Facebook Friends'

3 reviews in English

Maybe I can dig up something else on this place...excuse me, I did not phrase that right... 

OK, found another site called City Search...but they run what are basically ads for the places under review as well! Anyway--


Midtown Animal Hospital

(888) 324-9139 | View Website
256 E 33rd St Ste 1, New York, NY | Directions  
Veterinarians  more
 
Owner verified business
 
 
Midtown Animal Hospital
Add photo

From The Owners of Midtown Animal Hospital

Established in March 1989 by Jan Suchanek, DVM, Midtown Animal Hospital is located at 356 E 33rd St. in the heard of Midtown Manhattan in Murray Hill. Dr. Jan is known for treating your animals as if they were his own-with loving care and compassion. Midtown Animal Hospital specializes in companion animal medicine, surgery, boarding, dentistry, nutritional counseling, and international health certificates. February is pet dental month--Imagine what your teeth would look like if you didn't clean them everyday or visit the dentist. Without dental care, bacteria in the mouth can enter the blood stream, travel to major organs such as the heart, liver, kidneys and even the brain. Damage to these organs caused by infection can seriously compromise the health of your pet and shorten its life. To help promote dental care, all dentistry patients will receive 15% off all dental procedures.
  • Specializing in dentistry
  • Over 20 years experience
  • Boarding
Citysearch
Keeping Murry Hill & Kips Bay Pets Healthy For Over 20 Years.

Reviews for Midtown Animal Hospital

Write review
3 months ago
I have been very pleased with Dr. Dan. Several times, my Pomeranian has had some serious ailments, and Dr. Dan immediately diagnosed the problems and prescribed the appropriate medications. Each time, he was right on and my dog responded extremely well.

I also find him to be as conservative & cost efficient as he is able to be, as vet services can get pretty costly. He always tries his best to keep the costs at a minimum....before having to move to the next step in treatment.

I am grateful for his expertise as a great vet!
7 months ago
This vet will nickel and dime you. He still does annual distemper vaccines even though it's proven to last 3 years and nearly every other vet in the city only does it every 3 years. He also still vaccinates annually for Corona even though its a dated vaccine with no proven benefits.

He has the charisma of a hyena and the empathy of a wasp. I felt rushed and scammed. He kept insisting to biopsy an obvious fatty tumor. My other vet looked at a sample of it on a slide and said it would be a waste of money to send it to the lab. He had no problem insisting it was absolutely necessary.
Recommends
over a year ago
Good Vet – I took my sick kitty to Dr. Suchanek for two months, and he was kind, honest and tried very hard to help her.

Unfortunately, she was too sick and did not respond to treatment. I had to put her to sleep last week, but the experience was as peaceful as it could be. I really appreciated the kindly written note from the receptionist as I left, and I appreciate all the help and advice I received from the vet.
Recommends
over a year ago
Very Happy so is my cat Milo. – Very caring. Dr. Suchanek is awesome and I see he has a words of experience. I can ask all the questions I want, does not rush me. I would not let anyone else take care of my cat. Thank you Dr. Suchanek.
Recommends
over a year ago
YOU CAN EAT OFF THE FLOORS – Dr. Jan is very compassionate which, coupled with the wisdom accumulated over the years makes him very easy to deal with. I find his prices comparable to other vets in good neighbourhoods. His office is spotless and the surgical/recovery areas you don't normally see were so clean! He never recommends procedures my pets don't need. One drawback - he rec. Hill's Science Diet RX. I simply refused to buy it.
Recommends
over a year ago
I know that people with complaints are more likely to leave reviews then people who are satisfied with their experience.

So I want to add my positive review of Midtown Animal Hospital and of Dr. Suchanek.

I have been bringing my pets here for 14 years. I have always found the staff considerate, friendly and helpful.

As far as Dr. Suchanek, I have always found him extremely caring and concerned about my animals.

He has always been up front and honest with me about costs and procedures. In addition, when I recently had to put my cat to sleep, he was

extremely compassionate and really helped make a difficult time bearable.

He is the best vet I’ve ever dealt with. When I got married my husband dropped his vet and started using

Dr. Suchanek as well because he was so impressed with the treatment.

Pet care is expensive. If you have an issue with the cost, you probably shouldn’t have a pet.

Lab tests cost money, x-ray machines cost money, the food and medicine cost money, the staff needs to get paid.

I would also like to mention the time I saw a this beautiful cat in the back room, it turns out the owners brought it in months earlier and never came back for it,

Leaving Dr. Suchanek to assume responsibility for it. I can’t imagine the stories he must have of thoughtless owners refusing to pay for the care their pets receive.

Dr. Suchanek is running a business, he has bills to pay and like all of us, he has to make a living. His prices are fair and reasonable.

If you don’t think so... Bring your pet to the Animal Medical Center on 62 St. and see what your bill is like.

He is a great doctor. I won’t go any place else.
Recommends
over a year ago
Excelent Veterinary clinic – Midtown Animal Hospital is, and has been, the place where all my pet companions have received excellent medical care. Dr. Suchanek helped me to keep my cats and dogs healthy. He never pressed for unnecessary procedures but advised me if he thought the pets could benefit from something more than the basic care. The decision was always left to me and I never felt pressed to consent to treatments that we thought would have been superfluous. Everybody in the clinic treats the pets with kindness and consideration.

The prices are moderate when compared to other similar establishments in Manhattan. People sometimes forget that we are in one of the most expensive avenues in the world.

Dr. Suchanek and his staff offer a good service and the program of the clinic makes it easy to take your pets there.
Recommends
over a year ago
Great vet--takes excellent care of my dog – I have been bringing my pets, Baxter and Brittany, here since i moved to NYC and my experience has always been great. Of course, usually when im bringing one of them to the vet, it is b/c they are sick, which is always somewhat unpleasant, but i trust this vet completely with my animals. He is very calm and kind with them, which means the world to me. Im not sure why there are so many bad reviews on here--people need to understand that pets and vets are expensive, especially in NYC. Even in Pennsylvania, I never walked out of the vet for under $200, but I actually have here! I highly recommend bringing your animals here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered