Translation from English

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Beekman Bar and Books-- New York and Prague?

I am not sure what this place really is, I just thought the juxtaposition of "Bar" and "Books" interesting ( if memory serves me correctly, there once was a bar up near Columbia University called "The Library"--yes, the walls looked like they were all lined with books..

Other odd facet of this--- you cannot read this part of overhanging sign--is that it lists New York and Prague as its main locations.  I wonder what the story on this is... 

Uh-oh, it means CIGAR bar as well as liquor I guess....cigar smoke is not a big turn on for me, in fact I associate "brandy and cigars" with a depressed Winston Churchill!

Here is their website though

http://www.barandbooks.cz/beekman/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered