We are really lucky where I work to have a supportive Chief. If we have a rough call we're off for the rest of the shift and we are debriefed by people trained to deal with stress management for people like us. I feel my mental health is important to my employers.
The same can't be said for many other organizations. One paramedic was told there would be dire consequences if he or any other paramedic in this large city had work done by me. I have been banned by this city becau...
See More
Like   Comment   
Wow, the response from everyone offering to help during my trip to England has been overwhelming! I'm so excited! I should have been more clear in what I needed help with in my earlier post today so here's more specifically what I need. 
I want to recreate a call some of you have done and take some photos of it so I can go back to my studio and digitally paint it like the ones I've already done. So what I need is a crew, a patient and an ambulance or a police officer and the...
See More
Like   Comment   
I'll be travelling to London England next summer to do a complete Police, EMS and Fire series like I did here. I want to create a similar set of images but with a little UK flare. I'll be contacting each emergency service in London to try and gain permission for this photo shoot and I'm not sure how easy it's going to be. 
I'm calling out to all my EMS, Fire and Police brothers and sisters in London for your help. I would like to spend a day with each service to get the refe...
See More
Like   Comment   
A great cause. Good luck Colin.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can kill. I'm riding to the Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial in Colorado Springs to raise money for a pioneering program at Vancouver General Hospital to help firefighters, paramedics and police officers...
FUNDRAZR.COM
Like   Comment   
  • 42 people like this.
  • 2 shares
  • Comments
  • Lawrence Kreger
    Write a comment...
    • Christine Korol Thanks so much for sharing this, Dan! It means a great deal to us at VGH - and because it's an online program it's something we can share with first responders everywhere. Thanks for spreading the word in the last few days of the campaign.
Burden
Most people don't think of the burden emergency workers have. If we make a mistake the public and brass are on us like flies on poop. Most of the time we are doing an incredible job making an incredible difference without any recognition. This isn't about being rewarded for what we do, it's about realizing the burden and pressure we're under to be perfect 100% of the time. I guess when lives matter nothing less than 100% can be tolerated but not everything is a life an...
See More
Like   Comment   
Here's a recent portrait I did for Morinville Fire Department. If you're interested in having me create something similar for your crew send me an email to dansunphotoart@gmail.com
DanSun
Like   Comment   
Wow! Check out this pic made by Dansun Photos as a donation to our silent auction! The amazing wing walker Carol Pilon overtop of downtown Edmonton. This piece ...
See More
Like   Comment   
  • 30 people like this.
  • Comments
  • Lawrence Kreger
    Write a comment...
This is for all the families left behind. There's been so many funerals lately and the hardest part is watching the families. It's heartbreaking. It's not only police, firefighters and paramedics making sacrifices, the families are left behind to somehow pick up the pieces and rebuild.
Stay safe everyone, for yourself and your families.
DanSun
www.dansunphotos.com
Like   Comment   
RIP Deputy Darren Goforth. Thank you for your service sir.
Like   Comment   
Here's a 5x7 foot piece on sheets of aluminum I did for a new Firehall in the Edmonton area. I love big and in your face art. Thank you Parkland Fire for commissioning me to do this piece for you.
Like   Comment   
San Diego Firehall #4. We had a great visit in San Diego, thanks to the brothers at Firehouse #4 for helping me with this shot.