Translation from English

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

NYC Snowstorm, Arctic Vortex, Kips Bay

Well, this is traditionally ( I checked in the records book) the coldest and snowiest couple of days coming up now in a normal New York City year, so this little mini-blizzard and arctic air are right on schedule).

My only concern in being out in this stuff was slipping but my old snow boots still have their solid grip and I did not feel the cold at all really because of my subzero down parka ( which they designed for winters in North Dakota and places like that)

VIDEO: ( Originally I had natural sound but now have Reggae music because I learned Jamaica is fielding athletes for the winter Olympics , such as the bobsled, so it seems OK)

http://youtu.be/olSt8sianew

Below: as I was walking home, saw these people unsticking a car..most vehicles here are all ready for the winter with tires for it etc. but not everybody ( guess they just figure they will save the money for snow tires and risk getting stuck or going off the road).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered