Translation from English

Friday, April 15, 2011

Jim Hanley's Universe

Today has been a day of remembering childhood for some reason...

This store specializes in comic books and related objects.

Had forgotten how much I loved to read comic books as a kid, often spending any money I had on them....lots of them.

Never thought of saving any of them, of course...

Also read them even in my first year of high school.

I always really liked "Classic Comics", the "fumetti" of classic novels...remember one in particular, "Beau Geste" about the French Foreign Legion. Funny how you remember some things so vividly...

From reading some books in high school ( including an interminable study of the boring "Moby Dick"), I think a lot of kids would be better off reading the Classic Comics versions of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered