Translation from English

Friday, May 29, 2015

Whatever Happened to..? People We Wish We Could Track Down But Can't/Won't

It is a shame I have lost touch with so many people over the years-- let me list a few

-- Sgts Tommy Blake and Rodney Nicholson, who used to work at the 13th Precinct in Manhattan back until they both retired in the early 1990's

Roddy lived on Staten Island then, Tom out in Brooklyn

I wonder what happened to Roddy's daughter who worked for a Japanese company and who learned Japanese which I found impressive

Or to Tom's son, who was trying to get a basketball scholarship at St. John's

There are some other people from the past I know I will never find any trace of anywhere,
short of hiring some professional or other to try and trace them

But then, I know the whereabouts of a number of very old friends and we almost never are in contact these days although I presume they are still alive

What is almost comic ( but sad) is that I had fallings out with some people just in the last couple of years! After having known them since high school!

Have made new friends, too, of course, --

One thing I learn is what a lot of divorced people take for granted, people and relationships can change over a SHORT period of time

My best shot at finding people from the past is getting in touch with other old friends and seeing if they know anything

Other people have turned to me for this in the past couple of years; sometimes I could put them in touch with people, other times not

One person we will never find is a guy right out of the movie "Animal House" as a personality, one Thos Farrell, who was expelled from college (the OTHER St John's , not the the one in NYC) for rolling a beer keg through paneled doors and into a faculty meeting room where a heated discussion had been in place

Typical of him to finally do something like that and then everyone lost track of him

Did he end up in Vietnam? Leave the United States? We will never know, I assume..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered