Translation from English

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Colin Farrell- RTE


News

Colin Farrell reflects on Ballykissangel days

Colin Farrell:
Colin Farrell: "HBO is a little bit different, you know what I mean?"
Colin Farrell has paid respect to the show that launched his career saying his time on rural Irish drama Ballykissangel "was one of the f*****g greatest things" he ever did.
The Farreller, who turns 39 today (May 31), starred in the BBC drama from 1996 to 2001 and said that he'll never forgot how the show helped kick-start his career.
Speaking about his role as Ray Velcoro on HBO's True Detective, he told The Sun: “It was very different from the days when I worked on Ballykissangel for the BBC."
“HBO is a little bit different, you know what I mean? Which is not slagging Ballykissangel, it was one of the f*****g greatest things that ever happened to me.
“But I didn’t notice any difference at all as an actor on the inside and particularly HBO,” he explained.
Colin Farrell in HBO's True Detective

The Castleknock native said he was nervous about joining the award-winning show, which centres on law enforcement officers, who navigate a web of conspiracy to deal with a bizarre murder.

“I had quite a bit of fear about it because I was like, ‘Oh the daggers will be out’. But I read the scripts and they were just so good and you just have to go where the writing is good at the end of the day.

“The standard of television is extraordinary. It really is. And I don’t know what the reasons for that are but for me personally,

from the inside, my experience is that there was no difference.

“I have done films that didn’t have the quality of scripts that the eight episodes of True Detective had and I’ve done films that had smaller production values,” he explained.

add your own comment
User contributions and/or comments do not, unless specifically stated, represent the views of RTÉ.ie or RTÉ.
Click here for Terms of use
starting to like this one! 

Post a new comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered