Translation from English

Friday, July 5, 2013

Svetlana's Hair Salon in Yorkville (almost Carnegie Hill!)





It just occurred to me, I never really recommend places on this blog that I go to myself...I guess partly because I do not want to take the burden of responsibility that someone may go there and have a bad experience somehow!

Well, the hell with that for two postings ( this and Delizia restaurant), both in my old North Yorkville (now more or less Carnegie Hill) stomping grounds...

Svetlana's is a  Unisex Hair place really, but has overwhelmingly female clients...I stumbled on it because they used to be just down the street from where I lived and I realized that Robert who worked there can really use the scissors well! 

I don't color my hair or anything but I do have a balding spot on top so I like to have someone cut my hair so it looks good overall, and Robert can sure do that.

I have just been reading reviews, and, to my surprise, this is another place that doesn't accept American Express cards (all others are OK).

This is definitely a neighborhood spot and not pretentious or glamorous but so what...women who have reviewed Svetlana on a couple of sites I looked at tended to go strongly one way or the other ( 
I will just list the Yelp review like I usually do, which is just based on one review)

I have always found the atmosphere extremely congenial and they are now at 1636 Third Avenue -- they moved after the building of the subway cut off their old place from any street traffic at all ( the subway as I said has been a real headache to a lot of people).

I went there today, and here I am with my new summer haircut, thanks to Robert


Oh yes, the Yelp review-- 

Svetlana's Hair Salon

5.0 star rating
1 review
Category: Hair Salons  [Edit]
1636 3rd Ave
Between 91st and 92nd

(between 92nd St & 91st St)
New York, NY 10128
Neighborhoods: Yorkville, Upper East Side
(212) 828-0400
Nearest Transit Station:
96 St (4, 6, 6X)
86 St (4, 5, 6, 6X)
About This Business:
Next Vanity is a salon created with the customer in mind.  Along with coloring, cutting, styling and natural hair techniques, Next Vanity offers hair… read more »
Sort by: Yelp Sort | Date | Rating | Useful | Funny | Cool | Total Votes | Friends' | Elites'

1 review in English

Review from

5.0 star rating
6/2/2013 First to Review
I randomly walked in here, not knowing what to expect, but saw a sign for blowouts.

Robert blew out my hair and did a FANTASTIC job.

In fact:

1. I was at Sassoon salon the week before - MUCH higher end and double the price - and this looked FAR better.

2. A random woman saw me when I walked out and yelled, "BEAUTIFUL!"

She said she saw me go in, then go out, and my hair looked great.

I ended up giving her the business card Robert gave me so she could get a blowout too.

It was really cheap too... only $35! And I have a LOT of hair! The blowout kept for a week too. I'm super impressed and about to go there again right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered