Translation from English

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Washington Mews and the Lower End of University Place

Down at the Lower End of University Place-- NYU's Weinstein Dormitory ( I lived there my first year of college...it was one scandal after another, first drugs, then something else, and then the sexual shenanigans (with students) of the man who was supposed to the live-in Lord High Overseer of the place.

The big apartment building is One University Place. I almost got the rent controlled penthouse to this place, no kidding, it came my way by a lottery like fluke and then I decided it was still just a little too much more than I could afford...wished I had "gone for it" now.

This building, by the way, was the one they say broke the camel's back (there were others already built)--and made them ban tall apartment buildings from practically all of Greenwich Village for many years...Greenwich Village is still known for being the most difficult zoning board in the City to deal with. They tell you what kind of windows you can have to fit in with your area, etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered