Translation from English

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Shortest Day of the Year

Midtown indeed had a bleak feeling to it on the shortest day of the year-- cold, blustery winds and a general gloom maybe mixed with some people fearing the alleged Mayan prophecy of the end of the world..

That Mayan prophecy thing is the kind of nutty concept that gets under the skin of people in these turbulent, uncertain times-- one study for the BBC found that 10% of the people worldwide were actually made nervous about it.

Well, it certainly reminded me of "Bleak December" and Shakespeare's " Bare ruined choirs" today-- although for me it mostly meant a visit to the doctor and getting antibiotics and other prescriptions...

This photo was taken a few days ago actually but I felt it was unusually appropriate for today...
 

2 comments:

  1. Great blog,I follow now,please follow me back!Un saludo !
    Vos codes inkazee du jour by Angela

    Si vous aimez jouer sur les sites Enovaa, Inkazee, Solytary, vous cherchez sûrement à partager vos codes chaque jour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment...I do not want to join that Pinterest website however, though, so sorry I will not be following your blog...Thanks Very Much though

      Delete

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered