Translation from English

Friday, July 5, 2013

Korean Methodist Church-- in English translation

NOTE: when I first googled this place up, found all the information was in Korean!

Then I saw that they also offered a translation of the page...

I learned a long time ago that the Methodist Church had worked very hard to established itself in Korea.

For instance, I can remember way back in--get this-- 1966-- I was an NYU student temporarily renting a room in a sprawling East Village apartment....

One of the guys there was a very young Korean ( whose name as I remember was Su Duk or that is what it sounded like to me). A man from the church would come and visit him regularly..I gather he was very homesick for Korea.

Well, anyway, it was raining a little when I took my long shot of this so I had some fun with mock HDR of the blurry image-- but when I got up to the doorway, I had no problem.
And this is what I got from their website--whoa, most of the second half of this is still in Korean!!! Is there something there they don't want you to be able to read in English?? LOL:

Metropolitan United Methodist Church
Metropolitan Koryo United Methodist Church

Regular meetings

1 week Worship: 9:00
This Sunday Worship: 11:00 a.m.
Sunday School: 11:00 am

Friday Prayer: 19:30




Those who serve

Pastor: one Youngsook
Co-pastor: Kim jonghwan
Lay representative / elders: Kim changgyu
Education evangelist: Yes Jingue



Korean language courses for teenagers
Korean Classes for Teenagers

Friday 5:30 p.m. to 7:00




In our church, 1 to 26 July Summer School will be held.
The name of the school, "O'Reilly Korea school is".





In the center of the world 30 years in Manhattan, New York
Metropolitan United Methodist Church
Christian news articles
Christian News articles




Offerings and donations
After you click the button below
Using PayPal, please send


Donations and grants under the Internal Revenue Code
Income tax, gift tax, inheritance tax, etc. are eligible for exemption






28 founding anniversary week (10 October 2010)





About the Church



Pastor Han, Young - Sook

Pastor Han, Young - Sook Twitter
http://twitter.com/yshkim


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered