Translation from English

Friday, June 14, 2013

Little Gallery of Old Artwork of Mine

There was a  time when I liked to do drawings and watercolors and even studied Advertising Art out at Brooklyn's City Tech.

First, two watercolors from an outdoor class a took a couple of summers ago from the so-called Educational Alliance.

On the whole, I thought the class was a disaster. There was an epic heat wave and the distractions were incredible. The hippy-dippy instructor, who arrived OF COURSE on a bicycle with a knapsack, taught basically nothing and disappeared all the time..maybe to smoke some weed.

For instance, when it hit 103 in the shade and we were supposed to paint in Tompkins Square Park,
I bowed out...woman I saw next class said she was hassled so much by derelict there she had to flee..

But I like two of my little efforts--one of Seward Park, and the other of the Harbor from Governors Island
Then, a long time ago now, when I was just starting to take Ad Design classes at City Tech in Brooklyn, we had a small group in the building where I lived...one woman was an arts activist who got us extra materials and we met in the community room there and had fun one evening a week, carefully laying down cloths before we painted and always cleaning up very thoroughly afterwards etc. Once at Christmas I brought down a CD that had Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite and other music on it and we all painted to that...

The nude painting was done from a chalk drawing I did at a Life Study course at City Tech
I am still trying to find out from City Tech how I can retrieve my old eportfolio from them...that has all sorts of work I did when I got the A.A. Degree...(got it just in time for the bottom to drop out of everything in the economy here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered