Translation from English

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Grey Day and Long Island City on the Eastern Horizon

I saw some Chinese tourists taking a lot of pictures (both man and woman, probably husband and wife) and as they passed walked over and aimed my camera back at what they were shooting.

Just First Avenue and the ever increasing towers of Long Island City...I suppose a lot of tourists like to document everything they see..

I find it interesting only as a mood piece that shows the evolution of the Queens side of the East River.  I remember when it started as just a building or two and conversions of low rise buildings to all sorts of new uses, and then just more and more tall buildings over the years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered