Translation from English

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Downpour in Manhattan...taking shelter and sudden end of it all later

People who had ignored that"30% chance of rain" really ran for cover...cloudburst lasted for a bout an hour and even thought I had brought along an umbrella, being in one of my "Semper Paratus" moods when I left home and it did not look like rain much at all..

Here is East 57th street during long overdue rain...
I got home OK but wet of course...and then rain stopped as suddenly as it stopped while I was at Fairway supermarket...came upstairs and saw Kips Bay Plaza washed clean and no more people running for cover...clouds clearing out so fast you would not believe it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered