Translation from English

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Deterioration of the Apple Store and "Apple Care"--and the United States in General

I will probably run a few posts this evening seeing as I have not been able to have my computer taken care of by Apple in spite of the service agreement I purchased when I bought my computer.

Their customer service gets worse and worse. I was given short shrift the first time I called and put on hold for some number ( I believe now the Apple Store) where for over a half hour I heard the same recorded message over and over again " You have one person ahead of you.."

When I finally DID get through to the Apple Store later I got a very flip young woman who was all bright and bubbly and did not listen to a word I said to her. She may be tech savvy in some ways, but in other ways a complete birdbrain.

I will let you know how this progresses as it moves on.

I would regard with great skepticism any new any Apple products or any of their claims for them if I were you...you certainly are going to run into a lot of problems with customer service ( as compared to whom? of course? Dell computers? Notoriously terrible).

It looks like Apple and all these other places hire younger and younger people all the time and do not bother to train them at all when it comes to dealing with customers....the whole business culture in America seems to be doing something similar though, from what people tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered