Translation from English

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Poem by Lorca- Translated from Spanish by A Z Foreman- Poems Found in Translation

Poems Found In Translation: “Lorca: Song of the Horseman (From Spanish)”

Link to Poems Found in Translation

Posted: 22 Sep 2015 12:54 AM PDT
Song of the Horseman
By Federico García Lorca
Translated by A.Z. Foreman
Click to hear me recite the original Spanish

Córdoba
Afar and alone

Pitchblack pony, risen moon.
A sack of olives at my saddle.
Though I know the roads I travel
I shall never get to Córdoba.

Through the meadow, through the wind,
Pitchblack pony, crimson moon.
I am in the sights of Doom
That watches from the towers of Córdoba.

Oh the road lies long before me!
Oh for my courageous pony!
Oh for Doom out waiting for me
Long before I get to Córdoba.

Córdoba
Afar and alone


The Original:

Canción del Jinete
Federico García Lorca

Córdoba.
Lejana y sola.

Jaca negra, luna grande,
y aceitunas en mi alforja.
Aunque sepa los caminos
yo nunca llegaré a Córdoba.

Por el llano, por el viento,
jaca negra, luna roja.
La muerte me está mirando
desde las torres de Córdoba.

¡Ay qué camino tan largo!
¡Ay mi jaca valerosa!
¡Ay, que la muerte me espera,
antes de llegar a Córdoba.

Córdoba.
Lejana y sola.
You are subscribed to email updates from Poems Found in Translation.
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered