Translation from English

Sunday, July 19, 2015

MY NEW VIDEO; Amsterdam Ave Street Fair- Fried Ice Cream, Cronuts and Prayer Tree

Well, there's nothing like a Street Fair on a Sweltering Summer Day in New York..this one on Amsterdam Avenue on the far Upper West Side of Manhattan...



I told Dave, our Apt/Complex Security Guy, how it was a shame he had to miss out on the Cronuts and the Fried Ice Cream...he says it is too much chloresterol...suppose for me that is true too..looked awfully good though...I mean the Fried Ice Cream. I turn my nose up at trendy Cronuts..though since these are not the ORIGINAL trendy snooty Cronuts, maybe it doesn't matter



On the way passed the nice garden they have between the Firehouse and the Police Station..who is the gardener, I wonder...










While there were some really interesting objects around for sale ( including " 1980's NYC Subway T Shirts"--sorry I don't have a still of that to post here)-- well, as usual, the accent was on FOOD



There was a big police presence...Dave joked that maybe they were expecting a Ku Klux Klan demonstration..

Well, not in this neighborhood...

Deep Fried Ice Cream... I wish now I had tried it... but oh well, maybe just as well


There were all kinds of items I had not expected to see-- well, you will see them on the Video

Crepes, Cronuts, Deep Fried Ice Cream..

And corn, burritos, all kinds of fruits and vegetables


So that was most of what Dave missed.

This isn't his favorite street fair, --he says, wait for the one on Broadway that is yet to come...






But this one did for today... I wish now I had left a prayer at the Prayer Tree at St. Michael's Church


WELL, YOU CAN SEE THEM FINISHING UP MAKING THE DEEP FRIED ICE CREAM AND SERVING IT TO A DELIGHTED CUSTOMER ON THE VIDEO

and oh yeah, be sure to watch the video in Theater Mode or in Full Screen! That way you don't miss out on the details of the Street Fair action...

https://youtu.be/L2mfKlWBUDc

ERRATA: I announce the date on this video twice and get it wrong both times...my story is the heat was getting to me...

EUREKA;

IT OCCURRED TO ME TO LOOK FOR THOSE T SHIRTS WITH THE 1980's SUBWAY PHOTOS ON THEM ON THE WEB-- THIS WILL SHOW YOU WHAT THAT IS

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered