Translation from English

Friday, February 19, 2016

MY NEW VIDEO: Thank You, Met Council ( And Goddard Riverside)- Winterizing and Fixing Up My Apartment

This is just a short thank you to the great social agencies here in NY, Goddard Riverside where a worker arranged from a couple of guys to come in from the Met Council and really improve my apartment in the coming winter.



Above: Thoroughly interior plasticized winterization of all my windows....
I am older than I look and have arthritis in my right hand and while I had attempted some of these repairs myself, I knew I needed really professional help, which the management of the building, North Park Apartments, was not willing to provide.


In addition of course were all these loose and unnerving wall outlets that needed tightening and securing so they would not feel like that were coming out of the wall when you unplugged something..


Plus a grab bar in the shower/bath

They also did other things like check out my front door, which had been bashed in at one time ( probably by the Fire Dept) and problems I was having with the lock

And looked around for other things that might need adjusting...

More work altogether than you might think

This is just my Thank You to them ( I was embarrassed at the end when I realized I had no money to tip the guys but have inquired to see if there is something I can do about it).

Thank you, Met Council and Goddard Riverside!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7H59tboZqU






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered