Translation from English

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gregory Mancuso- Photography

Photography | Alex Koloskov – photographer and liquids magician

FacebookTwitterRedditPinterestGoogle+LinkedInTumblrDeliciousDiggStumbleUponBlogger PostEmailShare
Alex Koloskov is a photographer in Kiev who creates amazing images with liquids. Check out the wonderful photos by this splash master.
Photography of liquids photographer Alex Koloskov magic of water photo smallHow Alex Koloskov created the water ball photo…
First we thought to shoot a completely separate shots of the model and a splash and combine them into one composition in post. But when started, we have decided to do all in one shot: the model and the splash.
The post production part was quite extensive, as we formed a water ball from the pieces you see below.
Photography of liquids photographer Alex Koloskov magic of water photo

Post Production assembly pieces

Photography of liquids photographer Alex Koloskov showing creation of watr ball
This is our (mine and +Genia Larionova‘s) gift for Google Plus 1st Year Anniversary. We truly love G+, this is the only social network where we feel home. Here we found so many friends, meet like-minded people, and created interesting and fast growing community of studio photographers.
Photography of liquids photographer Alex Koloskov video of google plus photo
Alex Koloskov
Photography of liquids photographer Alex KoloskovI grew up in Kiev, Ukraine where I later attended college and received a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Needless to say, I’ve never put my degree to work in its specialty. It was a time of economical collapse after the fall of the Soviet Union, where the entire country was in chaos. This was when my “official” education ended. Since graduating I’ve never had any other formal education, all of my skills have been self-taught. I’m a mix of technicality, innovation and out of the box thinking. I love taking on technical challenges in anything I do, including photography. I don’t know the rules, nor do I care about them. I don’t follow the herd, I do it my way. That’s turned out to be invaluable in what I do. It has allowed me to experiment, see outside the borders, challenge the authorities and create a stunning photography style that is crisp, sharp and crystal clear. I’m inspired by progress and movement. I’m incredibly persistent and never take “less than perfect” for an answer. If I don’t have the right tools, I’ll build them myself. I like to make stuff happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered