Translation from English

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Yelp Review- Starbucks Kips Bay ( 2nd Avenue)

My old neighborhood Starbucks, one of the best i have ever been in-- for a Starbucks.

 
Map
Edit
  • Tara P.
    Ad

    Seven Grams Caffe’

    5.0 star rating
    59 reviews
    0.8 miles away from Starbucks
    Tara P. said "I love this place. Best spot for coffee in the early AM. For the city that never sleeps sometimes it can be hard to find a…" read more
  • Michele A.
    Ad

    Sam A.M. Cafe

    4.0 star rating
    210 reviews
    3.6 miles away from Starbucks
    Michele A. said "The best breakfast in JC. The BEST donuts, too. If you can snag a marscapone filled chocolate donut on a Sunday, do NOT…" read more

Recommended Reviews

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.
  • 5.0 star rating
    9/27/2014
    1 check-in
    Ample seating, outlets and free wifi, plus I get free tea refilled on my gold card. Doesn't get better than this.
  • 3.0 star rating
    1/4/2015  Updated review
    Still my go-to Starbucks.  Quality still excellent and the staff is fantastic. Five stars all day long for product and service, but 2 stars considering the street wackos that permeate. I also don't appreciate being hustled by kids hawking candy bars for "charity", and getting panhandled while drinking my espresso.

    There is a big problem with homeless and wacky neighborhood miscreants, including a strange old woman who takes up seating, never sits down, and rearranges chairs.  When people see her they scatter.

    I don't blame the Starbucks staff and feel badly for them.  They are baristas, not bouncers.  But Starbucks to me should be a premium experience, not a homeless shelter or Section 8 center.  It's pretty hard to enjoy my most excellent drink or food item while having this craziness go on around me. It also doesn't give you a feeling of safety.
    5.0 star rating
    8/15/2014  Previous review
    Since my last review, the management at Starbucks on Third and 28th has stepped-up.  They were… Read more
    2.0 star rating
    6/8/2014  Previous review
    This is a really nice Starbucks, with a courteous staff.  This should be a solid 5-star rating given… Read more
  • 5.0 star rating
    12/18/2013
    25 check-ins
    Perhaps my new favorite Bux, this location is clean, well stocked and has a restroom.  This is a great, well-lit spot to work from "home."

    I checked "yes" to outdoor seating because this location has a bench built into the building.  Great for grabbing an iced coffee on a sunny day and then text fighting with someone.
  • 5.0 star rating
    8/20/2014
    1 check-in
    One of the best starbucks in the city hands down.  Ample seating and friendly baristas!  Bright lighting and good acoustics.  Great place to study!  They also have the clover machine here too!  They have two big bathrooms in this starbucks as well that is usually kept very clean!
  • 5.0 star rating
    6/17/2014
    THIS STARBUCKS TAKES THE CAKE! I don't often think to review a Starbucks, they tend to remain consistently satisfying and keep my expectations happily met.

    But at this Starbucks you're often greeted by manager Jarvis as you get to the counter, or one of the other always smiling, friendly baristas, and are always quick and easy with getting your order and being efficient.

    Today my iced coffee had a terrible, nasty after-taste and Jarvis happily re-made it for us 3x before it tasted just right!! It was insane. The customer service here is outstanding.

    Plus it's a pretty big space, full of sit down tables with chairs, 2 high-top communal tables with stools, small tables with shapes by the windows, a corner with comfy plush chairs, and plenty of outlets to plug your electronics into.
  • 5.0 star rating
    5/9/2014
    I rarely post reviews of Starbucks, but this one is unusually well managed, worthy of a review on its own.  It is listed on Yelp twice; under its 3rd Ave address and also under it's 28th Street address, so I will cross post the review.

    It is fairly large, usually clean, with comfortable tables and furniture. Staff are upbeat and efficient and understand their coffee.  They also have a Clover machine which is wonderful!

    I have been to endless Starbucks all over the world and always play a little game.  I'm a lover of dark roast drip coffee, and I ask the cashier "what dark roast are you brewing today"?  They rarely know, which is ok, not a tragedy.  Usually they turn and look, then tell me.  Sometimes they give me the name of a light or medium brew by mistake.   Argh.

    At this Starbucks, the cashier knew which dark roast they were brewing without having to look.  She did not miss a beat.  Sharp!

    Many Starbucks don't brew a dark roast at all, which is ironic, since they made their name initially brewing exceptionally good dark roast coffee.  This location does brew a dark roast relentlessly (even, I think, when corporate asks them to substitute a so-called "featured brew" that is not dark).

    They are not shy to suggest a single-cup Clover brew, which is great because Clover is a real treat (few Starbucks have the Clover machine), and I tend to forget to ask.

    Kudos to the management of this particular Starbucks.  Even that I generally have good experiences at Starbucks retail stores, this one stands out as exceptionally well run in my experience.
  • 4.0 star rating
    10/13/2014
    One of the good Starbucks but I have had a better experiences. The line was not too long but the service. I am new to yelp but i can say its one of the best in the market. It was clean though so that was the best part.
  • 4.0 star rating
    9/29/2014
    1 check-in
    I've been here many times. The environment cozy and friendly. This is Great spot to take a rest and work on your laptop.
  • 2.0 star rating
    11/21/2014
    I have been to this starbuck several times  the manager is so nice and seems to have it together so it surprises me that his staff isn't up to par. They are always nasty and have attitude problems. I always order the same complicated drink and know how it's supposed to taste. It's consistent in most other Starbucks but for some reason, when I come to this one, the coffee is weak or they forget an ingredient. When I question it, I am addressed with anger and attitude. Good thing for me there are three more Starbucks locations nearby. I will go to those.
  • 4.0 star rating
    11/13/2013
    1 check-in
    Probably the best decor/layout for a Starbucks with big windows just like how every coffeeshop is back home in Seoul Korea. The staff and baristas are pleasant and most patrons are laid back and chill. No tourist overload here. Other Starbucks should learn a thing or two regarding layout from this particular store. Two thumbs up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered