Translation from English

Thursday, January 8, 2015

From Google Plus-- Native American Portraits posted by Sunny Redcloud


 The Pottery Maker


Grey Bear


Pawnee Nation from Oklahoma

( My stepmother was from Tahlequah, Oklahoma, and claimed to be part Cherokee -- you wouldn't know it from the blonde hair and blue eyes and pale  skin of course-- but then I have learned that EVERYONE  from Oklahoma says they are part Native American, at least these days, when it has some kind of chic to it ( not so much 50 years ago, though)

I understood from this guy I will call Phil Jones  ( red hair, blue eyes, pale skin) that he qualified for an "Indian Card" in Oklahoma...though he was from Dallas as I remember)

( At this point, cue up the old Cher record, "Cherokee Nation")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered