Translation from English

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Arrest Mafia Don= Guardian

Yes, Virginia, there is a Mafia...


I will never forget the time that Governor Mario Cuomo of NY got all hot under the collar and said "there is no Mafia" ( I am not kidding, he said this-- he claimed it no longer existed and that using the word "Mafia" was an anti- Italian slur).

I spoke to a reporter from Il Mondo, a Milan newspaper about this.

"Is Cuomo mob-connected?" I asked.

"No, but the rumor is that his wife is," said the journalist.

I don't know more than that.


Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/11/us-police-arrest-alleged-new-york-mafia-boss-palmieri 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered