Translation from English

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rest Time: Blogger Needs Some Time to Re-think Blog== Comments Appreciated

First, best wishes to all my blog readers all over the world,-- I hope this blog has in some way achieved its goal of "to instruct and please", in its "Common Book" form ( a crude, arrogant Israeli I know has referred to it as a "mish-mash"-- this, of course, from someone whose Israeli accent is so thick you can cut it with a knife-- who, by, the way, thinks OTHER people are hard to understand, not having a clue to his own limitations as an English speaker. In further speaking to him, I also realized that as an expert on all things he was totally ignorant of many common aspects of American culture ( which, of course, he pretends to be an expert about)-- I was shocked he had no idea of what American television was like, such as late night TV]]

He had never heard of or seen people such as Jimmy Fallon, Jay Leno, David Letterman -much less someone like Craig Ferguson.
He had no idea what I meant by the term "Late Night Television."

When I explained to him what these shows were and how they were done, he just stared at me as though I were crazy and making this all up. 

Oh and finally, he thinks he has a BRITISH accent-- his accent is nothing but pure, harsh Israeli really-- I gather his father was English or something-- 

So, I wonder how much I should listen to people like this.


Anyway, this is MY blog and I am going to do with it what I want.


I do regret I get so little feedback from the blog's readers. I get a smattering of the equivalent of "likes" for some stories, but nobody has ever bothered to send me a specific message about what they like about the blog or do not.

I wish some of you WOULD write, it would be of help to me...

But I digress).

Anyway, I am taking some time off-- maybe a day, maybe two,==-- to re=think what I am doing with this blog and if I want to set off in a new direction or what.

I am reprinting next what the blog looked like in June 2013-- very different, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered