Translation from English

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

There are NEWTelemarketing Scams!!!- Some Tips from a Friend

ABOVE: JUST SOME OF THE IMAGES ON THE INTERNET RELATING TO TELEMARKETING FRAUD

TELEMARKETING FRAUD IS RAKING IN ZILLIONS FROM UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE...
THESE SCAMMERS HAVE NO PRINCIPLES AND LAUGH AT THINGS LIKE "DO NOT CALL" LISTS

HERE, A FRIEND OF MINE OFFERS JUST A FEW TIPS AND MAYBE SOME NEWS FOR YOU ABOUT NEW SCAMS YOU HAD NOT HAVE HEARD OF BEFORE

'
"I get two to three telemarketing calls every day. I have been on the "Do Not Call" list for five years. That doesn't stop the scammers. They don't care about the "Do Not Call" list because their phone numbers are untraceable. They are offshore, and/or use a phone relay service to conceal their true phone number. I usually try to string them along when they call, keeping them on the phone for as long as possible. If they ask for a credit card number; I make one up, but I reel it out slowly, feigning inability to see the raised numbers on the card. I have an alias and I make up any and all the personal information they ask for. Of course, I report the call to the FCC, for all the good it will do. I have caller ID, so I see the caller's presumed phone number. However these numbers are always spoofed; they are never the real originating phone numbers.
 
A recent scam consists of someone calling cell phones and hanging up. Cell phones capture the caller's number and some people call that captured number to find out what the message is about. However, the number called is a "premium" number, meaning that the cell phone caller is billed as much as $10 per minute for the call. The proceeds go to the scammer. Premium numbers are like those that telephone astrology services use. The scammer keeps the caller on the line for as long as possible by using endless phone-trees, putting people on hold, etc. to run up the bill. 
 
When a telemarketer calls me, I give them the "premium" phone number I've collected on my cell phone so when they call back, they get charged an arm and a leg. It's the least I can do."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered